This workshop is grounded in the framework of emotional intelligence (EI) and is designed to help you enhance your EI in terms of both personal and social competence. Collaborative Communication is at the foundation of effective engagement, peak performance and innovative outcomes. Creating the context for collaboration, and engaging in open and skillful dialogue, creative problem solving and effective coordination are essential skills in today’s workplace. These are the core competencies that distinguish exemplary performers.
In this interactive workshop, participants will learn the benefits and impact of collaboration and apply new concepts and distinctions as they practice engaging in collaborative communication. Participants will draw on their own experiences so examples are relevant, and leave with a plan for focused practice and self-development.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify the four competencies of emotional intelligence (EI) including self awareness, self management, social awareness and social management
- Recognize the impact self management (state of mind, body language, and assumption) has on collaboration and group dynamics
- Engage in collaborative conversation through active listening
- Use advocacy and inquiry to increase openness and transparency and solve problems
- Use improvisation (improv) techniques to generate creative thinking and build on the ideas of others
- Make offers and requests and gain clear agreements to coordinate work more effectively
- Generate strategies for managing self and influencing others that maximize collaborative communication, enhance relationships, and positively affect organizational results
- What is Collaborative Communication?
- Emotional Intelligence: Thought, Body, Emotion
- State of Mind: The Impact on Communication and Performance
- Skillful Dialogue: Active Listening and Effective Advocacy and Inquiry
- Creative Problem Solving: Using Improv to Collaborate
- Effective Coordination: Requests, Offers and Agreements
- Putting It Into Practice: Your Action Plan
TARGET AUDIENCE: Leaders and employees across all areas and levels
LENGTH: 9am – 4pm (includes 1 hour break for lunch)