Emotional Intelligence (EI) is the key to successful leadership. Research conducted over the past 25 years show that EI contributes to both professional and personal success. In the workplace, high emotional intelligence is tied to more effective leadership, high work performance, and greater satisfaction. In this workshop, you will learn specific strategies and tips for developing your emotional intelligence in the two main categories: personal and relational competence. Within those domains, we will focus on specific skills used by effective leaders to positively affect the success of themselves and their teams.
In this interactive workshop, participants will learn the impacts of emotional intelligence for both individuals and teams, and practice skills to boost their personal and relational competence. Participants will build upon their EI strengths as well as develop strategies for managing stress, and, learn what effective do to maximize the potential of those they lead. Participants will draw on their own experiences so examples are relevant, and leave with a plan for focused practice and self-development.
Participants will be able to:
- Define emotional intelligence and describe the impact of EI in the workplace
- Identify the four competencies of emotional intelligence (EI) including self awareness, self management, social awareness and social management
- Identify EI strengths and recognize the interrelatedness of mind, body, and emotion
- Identify triggers and develop strategies for managing the stress response
- Recognize the impact the leader has on individuals and teams in the workplace
- Describe what effective managers do, and practice essential skills, such as communicating expectations
- Develop strategies for leading their own teams and groups more effectively, including creating a climate for learning
- What is Emotional Intelligence?
- The Impact of EI
- Increasing Self Awareness
- Managing the Stress Response
- What do effective managers do?
- EI Skills for Leading Groups and Teams
- Putting it Into Practice: Your Action Plan
TARGET AUDIENCE: Leaders and employees across all areas and levels
LENGTH: 9am – 4pm (includes 1 hour break for lunch)