Dr. Sandy Becker is an experienced leadership coach, instructional designer and facilitator dedicated to working with individuals, teams and organizations to create positive changes and improve performance. She has spent more than 25 years working with leaders with one main focus, to help individuals and organizations learn, grow and change.
Sandy brings expertise in adult learning and instructional design to the creation of leadership development workshops, programs, and curriculums for leaders at all levels. She combines grounded theory and best practices with practical and experiential learning. As a facilitator, her warm, friendly approach creates a safe and engaging learning environment for learners to take risks and practice new skills.
In her approach to leadership coaching, Sandy works in partnership with her clients to support them in: envisioning their future, aligning their goals, developing and enhancing the resources within themselves, and taking action. Sandy helps clients better understand themselves and how their actions impact their outcomes. By combining self-reflection and self-compassion, clients are able to view old problems in new ways, see new possibilities for action, achieve results and engage in life-changing behavior.
Sandy enjoys working with leaders at all levels, including: emerging leaders, managers and executives. Coaching is done within the context of the organization, and with the belief that the success of leaders has direct impact on the success of the organization.
As an organizational consultant, Sandy works with organization leaders to clarify their vision for the future, uncover obstacles and hidden opportunities, and align systems and resources to move toward that vision. Often, her work involves gathering data, looking for patterns, and facilitating conversations to address the deeper issues and concerns.
Prior to starting her coaching and consulting practice in 2001, Sandy held several leadership positions at the American Red Cross National Headquarters. She managed teams of professionals in a training and organizational development capacity. She began her career working for a human capital consulting company in the Washington DC area.
Sandy’s doctoral degree is from George Washington University. Her dissertation research explored how coaching clients learn via executive coaching. In addition, Sandy received her bachelor of science degree Business Administration from the University of Delaware and her master’s degree in Human Resource Development from Marymount University. Additional certification and training related to coaching includes:
- Certificate in Leadership Coaching, George Washington University (2001)
- Certified Somatic Coach, Strozzi Institute
- MentorCoach Foundations Program and MentorCoach ADHD Coaching
- Certified Facilitator of the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL) Feedback Instruments
- Interpreter of the Zenger-Folkman Extraordinary Leader 360 Feedback Instrument
- Emotional Intelligence Certification: BarOn Emotional Quotient Inventory (EQ-i and EQ-i 2.0)
- Qualified Administrator of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
- Managing Organizational Change Certification, ODR, Inc.
- Leading Individual and Organizational Transition Certification from William Bridges, Inc.
- Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Indicator (TKI)
Certificate in Instructional Design, Marymount University (1993)