Michelle Mock, President of Collaborative Thinking Leadership Development Services, LLC has thirty years of business and leadership experience partnering with clients to reach their strategic business goals. She serves as a leadership coach, organizational consultant, trainer and facilitator.
As a leadership coach, Michelle collaborates with clients to identify their priorities, clarify choices, leverage strengths, build new competencies, and take actions resulting in improved business result and greater fulfillment in their lives and vocations. Michelle’s clients are at all leadership levels including executive, mid-level management, and emerging leaders.
As an organizational consultant, Michelle partners with leaders and their teams to assess their culture, systems, and approaches, and to develop new skills and behaviors resulting in improved performance, morale, organizational effectiveness and agility. Her love for sociology and group dynamics and her experience as a mediator of federal workplace disputes equips her to be comfortable, steady, and collaborative in challenging environments. This combined with more than 15 years of corporate and leadership experience enables Michelle to co-design approaches aimed at meeting both strategic business needs and people needs. Services include strategic planning, organizational assessment, team coaching, conflict coaching, and organization-wide coaching programs.
Michelle is a highly skilled and experienced facilitator and trainer. She has trained hundreds of participants on collaborative communication skills; her positive energy and focused approach create a productive and experiential learning atmosphere helping participants improve their individual and collective performance. When serving as a facilitator, she coordinates with stakeholders, leadership teams, and executive boards to identify their current state and desired outcomes. She then designs and facilitates engaging workshops and retreats helping groups resolve challenging and complex issues and bring forth desired business results.
Prior to founding Collaborative Thinking, Michelle began her career with Eastman Kodak Company where she served for 17 years in several management and sales positions successfully affecting business strategy, managing sales growth, developing employees, and providing leadership during complex corporate change. She then served for 5 years as an independent Mediator and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Investigator for federal clients including the Departments of Homeland Security.
Michelle is a graduate of the Georgetown University Executive Coaching Certification Program, a member of the International Coach Federation, and a Professional Certified Coach (PCC). Michelle received an undergraduate degree in Sociology with a minor in Business Management from Old Dominion University. Other certifications and memberships include:
- International Coach Federation
- Association for Conflict Resolution
- Institute of Neuro-Leadership
- Team Coaching, Corentus and Miro Group
- Conflict Coaching, Dr. Trisha Jones
- Adult Development Theories and Practices, Dr. Barbara Braham and Chris Wahl, MCC
- Full Body Presence, Suzanne Schurlock-Duranna
- Conscious Healing, Thomas Huebl
- Healing Presence, Coaches Rising, LLC
- Positive Neuropsychology, Rick Hanson, Ph.D.
- Neuropsychology of Change, Coaches Rising, LLC
Certified Practitioner of the following Instruments:
- The Leadership Circle 360 Profile and Collective Leadership Assessment Survey
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and the full suite of Hogan Personality Products
- Team Effectiveness Tools – The Right Conversation and Team Management Systems Profile
- Thomas Kilman Conflict Instrument
Other Tools Include:
- Strengths Finders
- Thomas Kilman Conflict Instrument
- Strong Interests Inventory