Effective Decision Methods & Role Clarity
Making quality decisions and getting buy-in is an essential skill for leaders at all levels. In this workshop, learn the different types of group decision-making processes, when to use each, and why having a clearly defined process can be important for teams and organizations. Participants will learn to clarify roles and coordinate accordingly. Using real-work examples, participants will learn how to plan purposeful meeting agendas, facilitate collaborative conversations, and use different decision-making approaches. Special emphasis will be placed on framing meeting objectives, facilitating dialogue, and engaging group members using different decision-making methods.
- Open and frame meetings with clear purpose, outcomes and process
- Distinguish between different types of group decision-making processes (leader-made/directive, leader-informed/consultative, consensus and majority) and recognize when to use each
- Practice facilitating different decision types
- Clarify the roles of key players to distinguish between who should be accountable, responsible, consulted, or informed
- Plan and facilitate conversations using different decision-making approaches
- Practice coordinating for action by making clear requests and offers, and negotiating shared agreements
- Group Decision-Making Processes
- Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Planning and Facilitating Decision-Making Conversations
- Reflection and Declaration
Target Audience: Leaders and employees at all levels
Length: Two 2.5-hour sessions. Scheduled on two consecutive days or at the client’s convenience.
Virtual Delivery: Zoom, Adobe Connect, WebEx or other virtual platform that support breakout rooms for more intimate conversations